- Arlington Heights, IL, USA
- Full Time
VTech's Sales team is expanding. We have a newly created opportunity for a Director of Field Sales to lead our Electronic Learning Division sales into Key Accounts. As our Director you will manage external sales representatives that represent VTech within multiple accounts.
Sales Planning and Forecasting:
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Develops and implements strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals.
- Reviews market analysis to determine customer needs, price schedules and discount rates.
- Manages client's sell-in and sell-through of VTech products and promotions.
- Analyzes sales statistics to formulate policy and assist dealers in promoting sates.
- Assists other departments within the organization to prepare manuals and technical publications.
- Manages existing inventory, both at customer site and internally
- Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition.
- Manages account's ads and promotional planning process and execution.
- Manages accounts P&L's.
- Works with licensor's retail teams on developing national account programs.
- Represents VTech at trade association meetings to promote products.
- Delivers sales presentations to new, potential and current clients.
- Maintains and builds retail relationships at the buyer, DMM and VP levels.
- Recommends product simplification and standardization measures to eliminate unprofitable items from product/ service offerings.
- Meet with key clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Work closely with outside sales representation to guide and manage account profitably and budgets
- Analyzes and recommends controls on expenditures to confirm to budgetary requirements.
SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or a related field, and 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in the area of Sales; or any combination of experience and education that provides the necessary skills, knowledge and ability to perform assigned tasks. Masters degree is desirable.
- Proven track record of achieving sales goals and quotas
- Strong negotiation skills
- Effective communication skills
- Proven leadership qualities
- Success in working in collaboration with all levels of management with both staff and customers
- Demand Planning and Forecasting
- National Account Management
- Strong negotiation skills
- Solid sales, sales management experience
- Strong analytical abilities
- Ability to prioritize and consistently make sound decisions
- Marketplace knowledge
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!